Sunday, February 20, 2011

How I Keep My Savings and Gift Cards Together

If you're like me, you have a savings card from every store on the planet. And if you're like me, you have enough STUFF crammed into your wallet as it is (too bad none of that stuff is money). So I decided to take all the savings cards out of all the nooks and crannies of my wallet, punch a hole in each of them, and put them on what I call a binder ring, IN alphabetical order, of course (you can get a set of binder rings at Walmart or any office/school supply store).


I tried a single-hole-puncher but it just wasn't strong enough. Or maybe I wasn't strong enough, cuz I have the upper body strength of a newborn baby. Or maybe it was a combination of both. So I used one of the hole-punchers from a triple-hole-puncher and it worked much better. Be sure, when you do this, that the hole you create doesn't interfere with the scanning bar on the back of the card or any numbers you might need (the gift card number, pin number, etc.).

The same concept works for gift cards. I put a tiny label on each of mine so I could write their balances on them. Be sure to do it in pencil so you can erase and re-write the balances as you use them or add money to them.


Mmmmmm. Red Lobster.....

Easy Peasy (Lemon Squeezy).

1 comment: