Sunday, February 20, 2011

Animal Silhouette Greeting Cards, Take 1



I made these cards the other day. The idea just kinda popped into my head. The kitty one is the only one that's finished. I'll probably put the word "HI" in the corners of the other two as well, as "HI" is pretty easy to cut out.

All I did was do an image search for animal silhouettes (i.e. "cat silhouette," "parrot silhouette," and "dog silhouette") and picked out some that I liked and that looked like they would be easy to cut out. I copied and pasted them onto Microsoft Word so I could resize them if needed. Then, I printed them onto brightly colored cardstock/scrapbooking paper (I trimmed the paper so that it would fit in my printer). I cut the silhouettes out, flipped them over to the side that wasn't printed on, and glued them to some cards I made out of, you guessed it, brightly colored cardstock/scrapbooking paper.

I did the same thing with the word "HI," which is not only pretty simple to cut out, but when you flip it over, it STILL reads "HI," because the letters are symmetrical. I typed "HI" onto Microsft Word in big, bold letters, printed them on cardstock, cut them out, flipped them over to the non-printed side, and pasted them onto the cards. Now I'm just going to have to figure out how to make envelopes for them.

Easy Peasy (Lemon Squeezy).

No comments:

Post a Comment