Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bill Binders

I hate bills. I really do. With every fiber of my being.

This is how I keep mine organized, which is key for me, if I ever expect to get them paid.

I have two binders. One for unpaid bills and one for paid bills. Notice there's a cat with a sad face on my binder for unpaid bills and a cat with a happy face on my binder for paid bills.




 ("His wee litt-uhl boots.")

Each binder has a set of subject dividers, one for each company we owe money to. *sigh* The same set are in each binder, in the order in which they need to be paid (earliest due date to latest due date).


When I receive a bill in the mail, I triple-hole-punch it and file it in the "Unpaid Bills" binder.

When it's time to pay a bill, I remove it from the "Unpaid Bills" and staple one of the following forms to it, which I made myself (=P), cuz sometimes I don't get a receipt (I pay all of my bills either by phone or online). OR, if I pay online, there might BE a receipt that I can print out, but it might be lacking what I consider to be (air quotes) PERTINENT information. If there is a receipt, I attach it to the bill as well. Then I file it in the "Paid Bills" binder.




Easy peasy (lemon squeezy).

3 comments:

  1. Sheesh, man. Want to send me over your system? I'll give you some dollar bills [y'all] to set it up for me. ;)
    Great idea, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That system sounds amazing...I need it! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete